Friday, September 01, 2006

The 3 most important things to remember in Sit-N-Gos

Today’s post is about something we all know. But it probably costs more sit-n-go players more money than anything else. The three most important things in profiting from small buy-in sit-n-gos are patience, patience, patience. I really believe any mediocre player can profit up to the $11s (heck, maybe even $22s) if he just remembers that early in the sit-n-go tight is right. Most of the time I remember, but occasionally I have a bad night and the importance of sit-n-go patience gets pounded back into my head to the tune of four or five straight wasted buy-ins like it did last night.

I’m not sure why but occasionally I boot up my computer to play and there I am:



Remember the Quik Rabbit? At the start of every commercial he’d say something like, “Patience is a virtue.” Then he’d put that straw in his mouth and, before he could help himself, he’d slurp down all that sludgy chocolaty goodness and be left with nothing. I’m not sure what turns me into the rabbit. Maybe it’s like Wallace & Grommet -- It’s the Curse of the Wererabbit! But I digress.

Chinese Proverb: One moment of patience may ward off great disaster. One moment of impatience may ruin a whole life. This is definitely true in sit-n-gos. Equally wise is Benjamin Franklin’s quote -- "He that can have patience can have what he will." Maybe old Ben played sit-n-gos when he wasn’t chasing women or flying kites.

One final cliché and I’ll finish this rant. I forget who said it first but, “A tournament is never won in the first round, but it sure can be lost.” This is even more important in sit-n-gos where half the table are usually gambooling donks eager to beat each other’s brains in while you sit back and wait.

So here’s my new wallpaper. Think it'll help?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|