Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Welcome to The Bake Poker!

Welcome to The Bake Poker!

If you’re reading this, you’re probably aware of the explosion in , both online and live, over the last few years. You’re probably also interested in becoming a better player. You may have played some home games or small-stakes games online, and now you’re hooked. You’ve read about players in their teens making six-figure incomes without ever leaving their bedrooms. You’ve heard about middle-aged players that have retired from their corporate or blue-collar jobs and replaced their income and more. There are genius academics having trouble maintaining their focus because they’re thinking about all day. They’re hooked. So am I. If you’re still reading, I’m guessing you are too.


So what is The Bake Poker? Why do we another blog?


The Bake Poker is my odyssey to become a better poker player. I hope you’ll come with me on the journey and that my musings and rantings will help you become a better player too.


I’ve been playing for a few years now, and I’m a winning hold 'em player. But, I’m not a good player – at least not nearly as good as I’d like to be. I was lucky enough to stumble across some good books and websites that helped me to become a winning player very quickly. However, I never put in the time or effort to become as good as I’d like. After a few months hiatus from the game, I’m jumpstarting my poker education. I started playing mostly small-stakes no-limit multi-table tournaments. Then I played Sit-n-Gos for a few months. Then NL cash games, and finally I moved to limit before my hiatus. But I think I enjoyed the no-limit MTTs the most, so that's where I'll be spending my time and tend to focus with this blog.


In doing so, I’ll be making a disciplined and systematic effort to learn the game. I hope my process will not only make me better, but serve as a blueprint for others to follow. There are much better players blogging and I hope you’ll be reading their blogs as well as mine. I know I will, and one of the things I’ll be doing with my blog is posting a weekly digest of good articles, blog posts, forum posts, etc. that I’ve found useful and hope you will too. I also intend to post some reviews of books I’ve read or will read. If I convince you to read them, I hope you’ll buy them through my links.


What I won’t do is go through discussions of hands I play. I’ll leave that to better players in other places. I’ll try not to post brags or bad beat stories. We’ve all got them and they’re a waste of everyone’s time. I also won't spend much time on "who's who" or gossiping about your favorite poker TV stars.


So this is it…post #1. I hope you’re here to learn and you’ll come back for #2 soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|